Be At Home
Penn State students, parents, and guests will find the comfort and amenities they desire when they make The Nittany Lion Inn their home away from home. While you stay with us, we will go out of our way to make you comfortable and feel at home. Our attention to detail, outstanding service, and stellar amenities have earned us the prestigious AAA Four Diamond rating. We take pride in our services and amenities, which include the following:
Getting You to Your Destination
Thanks to our complimentary shuttle service, you can explore all the town has to offer and never be late to a Penn State game. Our skilled drivers can take you anywhere in State College quickly and safely, including the airport. Ask our friendly front desk staff for more details about our shuttle schedule.
Can’t-Miss On-Premises Dining
When you crave something delicious, look no further than the menus at our two on-site restaurants. Experience fine dining at The Dining Room, or enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Whiskers, our traditional pub-style restaurant.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access
- Work desk with data ports
- Keurig coffeemaker
- Complimentary USA Today
- Flat-screen HDTV
- Alarm clock, with USB charging station
- Iron and ironing board
- Phone with multiple lines and voicemail
- Rollaway beds available (availability varies)
- Turn-down service (available upon request)
- 100% smoke-free rooms
- Spacious rooms with lower bed and table heights
- Rooms with roll-in showers available
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (available upon request)
- Alarm clock with large display, bed shaker, loud audible alarm (available upon request)
- Telephone signaler (available upon request)
- Door knock signaler (available upon request)
- Alarm monitor (fire/smoke detector with high-intensity strobe light) (available upon request)
- Gift shop (Don’t forget to pick up some Penn State memorabilia!)
- Valet services such as car parking and dry cleaning
- Pressreader app (access to thousands of Newspapers and Magazines)
- Complimentary parking with validated permit (see the Front Desk)
- Comprehensive meeting services
- Complimentary shuttle service, including airport transportation
- Fax and copy services
- Complimentary local apples available in the lobby
- Additional K-Cups available at the front desk for an additional fee
- Fitness center with cardiovascular and strength conditioning equipment
- Access to fitness facilities at The Penn Stater, including a lap pool
Request Shuttle Service
Complimentary shuttle service is available to all overnight guests of the Inn.
Shuttles run every day between 5 a. m. and 12 a. m. For groups of 13 or more, please coordinate transportation with your event planner. We request all minors be accompanied by an adult when using the shuttle. We recommend that you schedule shuttle service in advance by submitting the form above or contacting the front desk at 814-865-8500.
Below are some of our shuttle destinations. If you need transportation to another destination, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
On football Saturdays, the shuttle runs from 5 a. m. until 11 p. m. Special shuttle buses start running three hours before kickoff until the game begins. These special shuttles resume at halftime and continue running until three hours after the game ends. A handicap-accessible bus is always available.