Leading the Green Hotel Initiative in PA
From purchasing local organic foods to repurposing solid wood furniture, we are committed to practices that benefit the environment. Leading the charge of the growing number of green hotels in Pennsylvania, The Nittany Lion Inn practices sustainability in all things.
For more than a decade, The Nittany Lion Inn has been a green initiative leader in the hospitality industry.
A Leader in Sustainable Practices
- Composting food waste
- Purchasing and using local and organic foods
- Using energy-saving light bulbs
- Recycling newspapers and other items from guest rooms
- Repurposing old furniture – retooling old wooden tables as shelving units, using tiered display units for banquet tables, and transforming bed headboards from renovated rooms into recycling containers in The Penn Stater
- Using bulk food for breaks instead of individually wrapped packages
- Using corn-based biodegradable cups, flatware, and to-go shells, as well as wooden stir sticks
- Using office paper that’s 30% recycled and bleach-free content
- Offering optional towel reuse program for guest rooms